Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back Home in Texas


It was in the 50s when I left London and 101 degrees when I landed in Waco at 5:30 p.m.  Welcome back to Texas!

It’s been quite an adventure!  Nine operas, two academic symposia, two study days, one wedding, five abbeys, at least twelve museums, and numerous afternoon hikes later, I now am home.  Thanks dear friends and family for your encouragement and support. 

Daniel greets me with good news and bad.  The bad news:  While Daniel was visiting me in England, his car was so badly damaged by hail it probably will have to be totaled (along with 12,000 others).

The good news:  We’ve paid off our mortgage!  What a great welcome home and wedding anniversary present!
Laurel & Daniel at the Crites-Barrett wedding


I have more stories to tell, so even though I am back in Texas I plan to write more posts.  Thanks again for your encouragement.  I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity.  
                                                                                                                         June 21, 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment